Alabama Association for Play Therapy (AAPT) is a professional, non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of psychosocial development and mental health of the citizens of Alabama through play and play therapy.
AAPT Social Media Links
Workshops & CE Credits
AAPT offers CE Credits for counselors and social workers via workshops and seminars conducted throughout the year.
Upcoming Workshops & Events
Robyn Simmons EdD, LPC, NCC, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor on Friday, April 7, 2023 - Being a Responsible Play Therapist: Ethics, Supervision, and Self-Care Description In practicing play therapy, it is critical for the clinician to be aware of specific ethical considerations in working with minor clients. Additionally, play therapists are ethically responsible when they monitor for and respond to potential impairment as a result of burnout, compassion fatigue, … Continue reading Robyn Simmons EdD, LPC, NCC, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor on Friday, April 7, 2023
Previous Workshops & Events
- Robyn Simmons EdD, LPC, NCC, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor on Friday, April 7, 2023
- Franc Hudspeth, Ph.D., LPC-S (AR & MS), NCC, ACS, RPT-S, R.Ph. on Friday, January 27, 2023
- CANCELED – Regional Workshop – Friday, September 16, 2022
- Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S on Friday, June 17, 2022
- Regional Workshop – Friday, April 15th, 2022
- Paris Goodyear-Brown Friday, January 28th & Saturday, January 29th, 2022
- Ethical Considerations for Utilizing Telehealth in Play Therapy
- Using Virtual Sandtray®© in Play Therapy
- A Neurosequential Therapeutic Approach to Play and Play Therapy for Children with Trauma
- Play Therapy Week 2021
Alabama Association for Play Therapy (AAPT) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6211.
Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified.
Alabama Association for Play Therapy is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs