Integrating Play Therapy with Family Therapy
Trudy Post Sprunk, LMFT, LPC, RPT, RPT-S, Certified Play Therapist and Supervisor, Georgia Board Approved MFT Supervisor, A.A.M.F.T Approved Supervisor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, EMDR Certified Therapist (see About the Presenter for full bio)
Friday, June 5th, 2015
Vestavia Hills Baptist Church
2600 Vestavia Drive
Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
This 6 hour workshop will provide attendees an opportunity to explore and experience the value of Family Play Therapy.
Theoretical overview will be brief as the training is geared to therapists who already have knowledge in the theory and practice of Family Therapy. The focus will be on creative and engaging techniques.
Therapists will explore a variety of simple and inexpensive approaches that integrate Play Therapy with Family Therapy.
- 8:00am ~ 8:30am – Registration/Coffee
- 8:30am ~ 11:30am – Morning Session
- 11:30am ~ 1:00pm – Lunch (on your own)
- 12:30am ~ 1:00pm – Business Meeting (all encouraged to attend)
- 1:00pm ~ 4:30pm – Afternoon Session
Explore a variety of simple and inexpensive approaches that integrate Play Therapy with Family Therapy that include:
- Understanding the rationale, brief history and theory of Play Therapy as applied to Family Therapy
- Describing and discussing the advantages of Family Play Therapy
- Using simple, inexpensive materials in Family Play Therapy
- Describing their experience of techniques used in Family Play Therapy
- Selecting appropriate Family Play Therapy techniques based on family relational styles
Trudy Post Sprunk has a Master’s Degree in Education as well as a Post-Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy.
Trudy is an LMFT, LPC, RPT and CPT and Supervisor in each of those areas. She has been a Psychotherapist since 1971 and has been in private practice in Tucker, GA since 1985.
Trudy has presented over 700 lectures at Local, National, and International Conferences. She has also done Radio and TV interviews on topics relating to Play Therapy and Parenting.
She has written articles that have appeared in Learning Times, GACLD Newsletter, ACLD Newsbriefs, APT Supervision Report, and E-Distance Learning Course.
She also provided material for Liana Lowenstein’s book: Creative Family Therapy Techniques published in 2010. In addition, she and Liana Lowenstein Co-authored the Article: Creative Family Therapy Techniques that was published in the March 2013 issue of AAMFT Family Therapy Magazine.
In 2014 she was awarded the National Award for Promotion and Education of Play Therapy by the National Association for Play Therapy.
Trudy is Past-President of APT, which she has served on the APT Board for the past six years. She is President as well as Co-Founder of GAPT.
She currently serves on the Advisory Board for Argosy University, Georgia State University in Atlanta, and the Georgia State Play Therapy Training Institute Advisory Board.
Seating is limited so register early. Early-bird registrants receive a $20 discount!
- Spaces are not guaranteed until your registration is processed.
- You can register on this website with a credit card, or mail-in payment and registration form via the Postal Service.
- Online registration and payments are processed via PayPal. Click here to register.
- Please note: This is a secure process and does NOT require a PayPal account.
- For registration by postal mail (snail mail): download, fill out, and send registration form and payment to the address provided on form. Click here to download mail-in Registration Form >>
- Check or money order only if registering by postal mail.
- Purchase Orders are not accepted.
- Early Bird Registration (receive $20 discount)
- Mail in registration must be postmarked by May 30, 2015 to receive discount
- Online Registration deadline is June 1, 2015 to receive discount. Online Registration is closed after this date.
- On-site Registration (no discounts apply)
- Participants can register at workshop location on the morning of June 5th, 2015
- AAPT/APT Member
- $120 ~ Early Bird Registration (see deadline dates above)
- $140 ~ On-site Registration
- $150 ~ Early Bird Registration (see deadline dates above)
- $170 ~ On-site Registration
- Full-time Students
- $95 ~Early Bird Registration (see deadline dates above)
- $115 ~ On-site Registration
$10.00 discount, per registrant, for groups of 3 or more registering together.
Please specify if registering as a group and identify group members and affiliation.
Scholarships will be offered to full-time students who can be available Thursday evening and Friday prior to and during the conference.
Interested applicants can download the volunteer application. For questions concerning this opportunity, contact Kathryn Blackwell:
Attendees can park in the Church parking lot. Watch for the AAPT signs which will guide you to parking and entrance into the church building.
Participants will have 1 hour 30 minutes for lunch, but we’d like for you to return in time for our business meeting. Information about places to eat will be provided at the workshop.
For assistance, contact Maura Pratt (Registration and CEU Coordinator):
- (334) 358-2455
The conference will be held at Vestavia Hills Baptist Church, 2600 Vestavia Drive; Vestavia Hills, AL 35216.
Registrants canceling up to 48 hours before a workshop will receive a tuition refund less a $20 administrative fee, or if requested, a voucher good for one year for a future workshop.
All requests must be made in writing or by email. No refunds issued for any reason after June 3, 2015.
In the unlikely event the workshop cannot be held, registrants will receive complimentary admission to a rescheduled workshop or a full value voucher, good for one year, for a future workshop.
Six (6) Contact Hours will be awarded for full day of attendance. No partial credit will be awarded.
AAPT is approved by the Association for Play Therapy (APT) to offer continuing education specific to play therapy. APT Approved Provider 98-045.
Marriage and Family Therapists
The ABEMFT automatically approves courses that are NBCC approved for CEU credit.
The Alabama Association for Play Therapy (AAPT) ) is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC Provider No. 6211.
The Alabama Association for Play Therapy (AAPT) is recognized by the Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners to offer continuing education for social workers. AAPT adheres to Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners continuing education guidelines. ASBSWE Provider No. 0284.
If you are interested in membership, please send a separate check made out to APT for dual membership in APT (Association for Play Therapy Association, Inc.) and AAPT (Alabama Association for Play Therapy) along with your completed membership application.
Membership applications and instructions are available online or from membership chairman Stephanie Bales:
For GENERAL INQUIRIES about this workshop, contact Laura Brown:
- (334) 358-8027
For REGISTRATION QUESTIONS, contact Maura Pratt:
- (334) 868-8290