Workshop Date: Jun 20, 2014 – Location: Homewood AL – Integrative play therapy blends and coordinates various play therapy theories and techniques.
You can register on-line NOW using the Paypal “Buy Now” buttons.
Integrative Play Therapy for Treatment Of Abuse & Trauma
Sueann Kenney-Noziska (see “About the Presenter” below)
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Friday, June 20, 2014
Location: Homewood Public Library, 1721 Oxmoor Road, Homewood, AL 35209 (see map & directions below)
Click here to download Workshop Flyer
Click here to download mail-in Registration Form
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Integrative Play Therapy for Trauma and Abuse
As opposed to a traditional play therapy approach which underscores the use of a single theoretical model, contemporary approaches to play therapy emphasize an integrative approach which blends and coordinates various play therapy theories and techniques.
Such an integrative approach is consistent with accessing ironically stored traumatic memories as well as skill-building for core trauma treatment components. This workshop will emphasize an integrative approach to using play therapy with victims of abuse and trauma in a manner which reduces symptoms and promotes healing, growth, and recovery.
Recent research, studies, and literature pertaining to trauma’s impact on the brain, treatment of post-traumatic stress, and trauma-informed treatment will be reviewed.
Attendees will learn strategies for addressing the complex treatment needs of abused and traumatized individuals using both post-traumatic play metaphors and directive play therapy interventions. Case examples, demonstration, and lecture will be utilized to demonstrate the clinical application of integrative play therapy with victims.
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am ~ Registration/Coffee (follow AAPT signs to door to enter as we will enter building before the library officially opens)
- 8:30 am – 11:30 am ~ Workshop Session (continued after lunch)
- 11:30 am -1:00 pm ~ Lunch (on your own)
- 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm ~ Business Meeting (all encouraged to attend)
- 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm ~ Workshop Session
After the session, participants will be able to:
- Define integrative play therapy.
- Describe at least one way that post-traumatic play can be utilized in clinical practice with abused and traumatized children and adolescents.
- Identify a minimum of five play-based interventions to utilize as a part of treatment for abuse and trauma.
- Discuss a minimum of one advantage and one limitation of utilizing integrative play therapy.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Sueann Kenney-Noziska (MSW, LISW, LCSW, RPT-S) is a Licensed Independent Social Worker and Registered Play Therapist Supervisor specializing in using play therapy in clinical practice with abused and traumatized children, adolescents, & their families.
She is an accomplished author, instructor, guest lecturer, and internationally recognized speaker who has trained thousands of professionals. Sueann is known as a dynamic, engaging speaker with a reputation for providing practical and clinically useful play therapy interventions.
Her seminars highlight her practical, first-hand experience using play therapy in clinical practice with victims of abuse and trauma, as well as, her insight and expertise. Sueann is author of “Techniques-Techniques-Techniques: Play-Based Activities for Children, Adolescents, and Families,” a play therapy publication which highlights her contributions to the field.
- Spaces are not guaranteed until your registration is processed.
- You can register on-line (via Paypal “BUY NOW” button on homepage) or by postal mail.
- For registration by postal mail: download, complete, and mail registration to the address provided on form.
- Check or money order only if registering by postal mail. Purchase Orders are not accepted.
- Credit Cards accepted if registering online.
- Mail in registration must be postmarked by June 13, 2014.
- Online Registration deadline is June 17, 2014.
- Participants can register on location on day of workshop.
- AAPT/APT Member
- $120 ~ Postmarked as indicated above
- $140 ~ After Postmark Date /On location
- $150 ~ Postmarked as indicated above
- $170 ~ After Postmark Date /On location
- Full-time Students
- $95 ~ Postmarked as indicated above
- $115 ~ After Postmark Date /On location
Group Discount: $10.00 per registrant for groups of 3 or more registering together. Please specify if registering as a group and identify group members and affiliation.
Group registration is easier by mail but you can register groups online by using PayPal. However, you MUST submit this registration form to specify the names of each registrant to avoid confusion.
If you are interested in membership, please send a separate check made out to APT for dual membership in APT (Association for Play Therapy Association, Inc.) and AAPT (Alabama Association for Play Therapy) along with your completed membership application.
Membership applications are available online or from membership chairman Rebekah Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
CANCELLATION POLICIES / REFUNDS
Registrants canceling up to 48 hours before a workshop will receive a tuition refund less a $20 administrative fee, or if requested, a voucher good for one year for a future workshop.
All requests must be made in writing or by email. No refunds issued for any reason after June 18, 2014. In the unlikely event the workshop cannot be held, registrants will receive complimentary admission to a rescheduled workshop or a full value voucher, good for one year, for a future workshop.
For QUESTIONS about this workshop contact:
Katie McKeen (334) 272-8949 or email@example.com
For REGISTRATION questions contact:
Maura Pratt (334) 868-8290 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Six Contact Hours will be awarded for full day of attendance. No partial credit will be awarded.
- Play Therapists: The Alabama Association for Play Therapy (AAPT) is approved by the Association for Play Therapy for continuing education activities specific to play therapy. APT provider No. 98-045.
- Marriage and Family Therapists: The ABEMFT automatically approves courses that are NBCC approved for CEU credit.
- Counselors: The Alabama Association for Play Therapy (AAPT) is recognized by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) to offer continuing education for counselors. AAPT adheres to NBCC continuing education guidelines. NBCC Provider No. 6211.
- Social Workers: The Alabama Association for Play Therapy (AAPT) is recognized by the Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners to offer continuing education for social workers. AAPT adheres to Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners continuing education guidelines. ASBSWE Provider No. 0284.
PARKING: Visitors to the Library can park in the library parking lot. Watch for the AAPT signs to know which doors to use since we will enter the library before it is officially open.
LUNCH: Participants will have one and a half hours for lunch, but we’d like for you to return in time for our business meeting. Information about places to eat will be provided at the workshop.
SPECIAL NEEDS: Contact Maura Pratt (334) 868-8290 or email@example.com, Registration and CEU Coordinator.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Scholarships will be offered to full-time students who can be available Thursday evening and Friday prior to and during the conference. Interested applicants may access the volunteer application on our website. Any questions concerning this opportunity, contact: Kathryn Blackwell at firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference will be held at the Homewood Public Library, 1721 Oxmoor Road, Homewood, AL 35209.